Image Map

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Should we wax or shave our "Candy Box"?

In my opinion, I will always vote for waxing the vagina, as it creates a very clean and smooth feeling afterwards, and it tends to last longer than shaving.  Also, waxing pulls the hair out of the follicle instead of cutting the hair off at skin level as with shaving.

I choose to Brazilian wax, which is the waxing of the hair from the front all the way to the anus.  It does not mean you will be completely bald, because you can opt to retain a landing strip on the front. I choose this type of hair removal for a few reasons:
  • I feel more clean
  • It's more comfortable
  • It is very convenient , as someone else has to actually provide the service while I relax
  • It makes me feel sexy and well kept 
  • It hurts less the more you do it
  • My hair grows back thinner each time
  • It prevents me from getting ingrown hairs
  • It prevents yeast and bacterial infections in that area
When I used to shave I would instantly get razor bumps, with itching and swelling along the shaved area.  As soon as the hair began to grow back, I would have extreme itching sessions...VERY EMBARRASSING!

Finding facilities that provide Brazilian waxes are easy to find.  However, they all are not sanitary nor are they all licensed to provide such services.  I would only go to a licensed aesthetician, and always watch to make sure that the aesthetician does not double dip (use the same stick for the entire process) in the wax.  Each distribution of wax should be done with a new clean wooden applicator.  When selecting a facility for your wax, take this in to consideration:
  • The facility itself should be a salon or spa, and it should be clean (presentation is EVERYTHING)
  • Ask if the waxing technician is a licensed aesthetician
  • Make sure the technician has the ability to use hard wax, as it does not hurt as much because it sticks to your hair and not your skin
  • Try not to use strip paper wax, as it hurts more and really irritates your skin
I have found that there are a few things one needs when getting Brazilian waxes frequently:
  • Baby powder to prime your skin prior to waxing
  • Tweezers to pull any stubborn hairs
  • A large mirror to see all angles
  • Jumbo cotton balls to apply products after your waxing
  • Parissa Azulene oil to remove left over wax and to moisturize the waxed skin
  • An astringent, such as Tend Skin or witch hazel to prevent ingrown hairs or to prevent infection from ingrown hairs
I used to go to a spa every 6-8 weeks for my waxing and spend on average between $50-$85 for my Brazilian waxes.  However, since I have stopped working and my husband and I are trying to become more economical with our spending, I chose a home wax kit, and it's AWESOME.  The name of the kit is GiGi Brazilian Waxing Kit, 14 ounces.  I purchased it from Amazon.com for about $31.  

This kit comes with everything you would need, including a warmer.  Be sure to always view any and all dvd's that may be included with this kit, as it will help you familiarize yourself with the product as well as prevent you from getting burned from extremely hot wax.

Here is a picture of the Parissa Azulene Oil:


This oil is such a life saver, it instantly removes any and all wax that may be left over in your hair or on your skin without much rubbing at all. It costs about $7 on Amazon.com.

You also want a pair of tweezers that are effective in pulling out left over coarse or stubborn hairs, so you are not left tugging at your sensitive skin for lone hairs.  You can purchase the tweezers alone from Sephora for $28. Here is a picture of the eyebrow set that includes a pair of very effective tweezers:



So, after reading this...will you be shaving or waxing the time you have to make the choice?

Health & Wealth
ModelMOMMD

No comments:

Post a Comment