Image Map

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Awaiting Remicade

Hey Everyone,

I am still Remicade free!  Due to a few set backs I 'm not scheduled to get my first infusion until Friday, and I'm scared shitless.  Luckily we have an appointment scheduled with my PCP an hour prior to my infusion.  So, I will be able to ask him any last minute questions pertaining to the infusion.  I'm most concerned about my systemic reaction during the infusion, and getting home afterwards with additional pain or headaches not knowing which medication to take for it or having not having that certain medication in my possession.  I would hope that my PCP has included pre-medication medication to avoid nausea and head aches during and after the infusion.  I will say that the side effect a fear the most is a migraine exacerbation.

Random question, but did anyone know that the cost of one Remicade infusion costs $5,000.00, which is why my prescription for it had to pre-authorized by mt prescription company.  I have heard so many stories regarding patients first infusion reactions starting from the infusion and leading to the next infusion appointment.  I have a personal nurse through my health insurance that specializes in Crohn's disease and her recommendations were to rest tremendously for the next two days after an infusion, as I will be extremely tired.  She also mentioned achy joints, and numerous flu-like symptoms.  I also hear that the infusion can run from 2-4 hours depending on the patients reaction.

After my infusion I will post my reaction to it and how I am responding afterwards.

Health and Wealth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment